- CAMPS Presentation – CAMPS (Center for Advanced Manufacturing Puget Sound) Presentation Dec. 6, 2016
Career Manufacturing – Learn more about different career pathways (by state) to help prepare for advanced manufacturing occupations.
Discovery Education Manufacturing Your Future Free lessons, career paths, videos and resources
Manufacturing Institute Dream It, Do It
iSEEK Educator Resources in Manufacturing Find plans, worksheets, and other ways to guide students to explore manufacturing careers.
Tech Workforce video testimonials encouraging young people to consider aerospace careers
- WAC 181-77 – is the Washington State certification requirement for Career Guidance Specialists.
- WA Career Guidance Competencies – Individual and group competencies considered essential for effective career guidance.
- The Future of Manufacturing : 2020 and Beyond – A collaborative research effort between IndustryWeek Custom Research and Kronos Incorporated discussing challenges, priorities and talent management.
- On Track and Movin’ On career discovery magazines specific to age groups. Includes teachers guide.
Web Sites and Other Resources
Map Your Career – Seattle-King County Workforce Development Council
National Resource Center for Materials Technology Education Teaching modules and educator resources
NISE Network, Nanoscale Informal Science Education www.nisenet.org/
Nisenet.org is an online digital library of public nano educational products and tools designed for educators and scientists.
- Cracking the Codes crackingthecodes.org
Films and learning modules prepare students, activists, educators and professionals to act by providing a deeper understanding of systemic inequity, developing skills in communication and healing, and teaching the fundamentals of democratic movement building.
TeachingTolerance, a Project of the Southern Poverty Law Center www.tolerance.org
A place for educators to find thought-provoking news, conversation and support for those who care about diversity, equal opportunity and respect for differences in schools.
General Career Information
Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook www.bls.gov/ooh
This is a guide to career information about hundreds of occupations.
Washington Career Bridge www.careerbridge.wa.gov
Find the education and training you need to get the job you want.
Use WOIS/The Career Information System to explore careers, create goals for your future, make educational plans to reach your goals, and find the training programs and the right schools to help you achieve your dreams.
Resume Writing for Manufacturing Careers: The Only ‘How To’ Guide You Need to Impress Hiring Managers and Get More Interviews by Gary W. Capone
Job U: How to Find Wealth and Success by Developing the Skills Companies Actually Need by Nicholas Wyman
Seven Success Skills for Apprentices and Skilled Trades Persons by James Sidney Harvey
Success with STEM: Ideas for the classroom, STEM clubs and beyond by Sue Howarth, Linda Scott
Preparing Today’s Students for Tomorrow’s Jobs: A Discussion on Career and Technical Education and Training Programs by Committee on Education and the Workforce U.S. House of Representatives